If you don’t know how to set the clock on your Samsung microwave you won’t know what time is. You’ll also have to stare at the microwave until your food is ready if the clock or timer isn’t functioning properly. The only way to get around this problem is to set the clock on your Samsung microwave. Setting the clock on a Samsung microwave is not difficult but some models do have different buttons to set the clock with. Knowing which buttons alter the clock and how to confirm the time is essential.
If you have been trying to figure out how to set the clock on a Samsung microwave, you have come to the right place.
We are going to take you through everything you need to know about these microwaves and their clock settings.
Our comprehensive guide covers setting the clock, presets, and much more. Read on to learn more below.
What Is a Samsung Microwave?
Samsung microwaves are microwave ovens that are manufactured by Samsung. Samsung is an innovative company that manufactures many home appliances, cell phones, and smart home technology. Some Samsung microwaves have advanced features that enable them for smart home usage, while others have more basic features.
What Features Do Samsung Microwaves Have?
Samsung microwaves are unique because they come with many features. Some of these features include:
- A clock display that displays the time
- A ceramic interior
- Samsung-exclusive technology (triple distribution system that cooks food evenly)
- Larger turntables
- Step-by-step guides for cooking some foods
- The ability to hold a food’s temperature after it’s cooked
- 2-stage cooking
These are only some of the features that can be found in Samsung microwaves. Many models have even more advanced features and settings.
How Long Do Samsung Microwaves Last?
Depending on the model, Samsung microwaves have a long lifespan. In fact, some Samsung microwaves can last for up to a decade. Keep in mind that these microwaves need to be cared for or they won’t last that long. Still, with minimal maintenance, Samsung microwaves last for a long time. It’s also worth noting that Samsung has more J.D. Power Awards than its competitors.
Are Samsung Microwaves Worth It?
Yes, Samsung microwaves are worth it. Based on their ratings by consumers and their long lifespan, these microwaves are reliable home appliances. Samsung microwaves are also worth it because of the advanced features that they come with. Unlike simple microwaves, Samsung microwaves can display the time, leverage a timer, and some models come with special features.
Setting the Clock on a Samsung Microwave
Setting the clock on a Samsung microwave can be done in a few steps. That said, some Samsung clocks are different from others and have different menus to navigate to change or set the clock. We’re going to take you through each of the Samsung microwave models to help you set the clock.
Below are the steps to set the clock on Samsung microwaves:
- Clock button: ME16H702SES, ME20H705MSS, and ME18H704SFS
- Countertop: MG11T5018CC
- Power Level Button: ME19R7041F
- Options Button: ME21M706BA
- My Settings Button: MC17J8000CS
Samsung Microwaves With the Clock Button
One of the most common ways to set the time on a Samsung microwave is to use the “Clock” button. This button is found on most Samsung microwaves like the ME16H702SES, ME20H705MSS, and ME18H704SFS. To set the clock on these microwaves you can follow the steps down below.
- Locate and select the “Clock” button.
- Use the number pad to set the current time.
- Press the “Clock” button again and select AM or PM.
- On Samsung microwave models ME16H702SES you can skip step 3.
- Press “Enter” or “Start” to confirm the time.
Depending on the model number there might be slight variations in these steps. One example is how ME16H702SES doesn’t have the AM or PM option.
Countertop Samsung Microwaves
Samsung also has countertop microwaves that have the MG11T5018CC model number. Setting the clock on these microwaves is simple because the microwave makes you do so when you turn it on. To set the time on an MG11T5018CC model microwave follow the instructions below:
- Press the “OK” button.
- Use the left and right arrows to adjust the minutes.
- Press “OK” again.
- Use the left and right arrows to adjust the hour.
- Check the microwave’s control panel to check the time and make sure it’s accurate.
If the time is not displayed correctly on the control panel, follow steps 1-5 again.
Samsung Microwaves With the Power Level Button
Most Samsung microwaves have a power level button. While this button’s sole function is to change the power for most models, Samsung microwaves with the model number ME19R7041F have a hidden feature. For these microwaves, the power level button can be used to set the clock. Below are the steps to set the clock on Samsung microwaves with the ME19R7041F model number.
- Press and hold the “Power Level” button.
- Set the clock by using the numbers on the number pad.
- For AM you only need to press the “Power Level” button once. For PM, select the “Power Button twice.”
- Select “OK” or “Start” to confirm the time.
- Check the control panel to ensure the time is correct.
These microwaves have a PM and AM setting, so make sure you choose the right time. Otherwise, looking at the microwave clock can be confusing.
Samsung Microwaves With the Options Button
For many Samsung microwaves, the “Options” button is the best method for setting the time. However, setting the time on Samsung microwaves with the model number ME21M706BA needs to be done with the options button. For Samsung microwaves with the model number, ME21M706BA follow the steps listed below.
- Locate and press the “Options” button.
- Locate and press the number 9 on the keypad.
- Press “OK.”
- Enter the current time on the keypad.
- Press “OK” when you’ve set the time.
Again, if the time is not accurate on the microwave you’ll have to follow these steps.
Samsung Microwaves with the My Settings Button
Some Samsung microwaves have a “My Settings” button. This button is present on Samsung microwaves with the MC17J8000CS item number. To set the clock with the “My Settings” button, follow the steps listed below.
- Locate and press the “My Settings” button.
- Press the number 9 on the keypad.
- Then, press “OK.”
- Enter the time via the keypad.
- Press “OK” to confirm the time.
For microwaves with the “My Settings” button, you’ll also have to set the clock again if you have a power outage.
Download this cheat sheet to hack your monthly electric bill.
Setting the Timer on Samsung Microwaves
Samsung microwaves, depending on the model, have advanced timer settings. These timer settings allow you to have the microwave start cooking food later, set a timer that counts down as food is cooking, and more. While setting timers depends on the type of Samsung microwave you own, we’re going to list you through the basic steps to set the timer on Samsung microwaves.
- Make sure you set the clock; this can be important for advanced timer settings.
- Near the number pad, locate the large rectangular button that can be clicked. Some Samsung microwaves might have a “Door” button that opens it immediately.
- Then, place the food in and close the door.
- From there, enter the desired length of time on the number pad.
Some Samsung microwaves also have special settings for specific food items. A few examples include a “popcorn button,” “pizza button,” and “defrost” settings. Depending on what you’re using the microwave for, these timer settings can be useful.
It might seem trivial but setting the clock on your microwave makes cooking less of a hassle. Because of the microwave’s location in most kitchens, you can easily reference the time when you’re cooking things. Understanding how clock settings work on Samsung microwaves can also help you set timers that are accurate and allow you to customize your settings with better accuracy. Depending on your Samsung microwave, following the steps we mentioned earlier will help you set the clock on any Samsung microwave.
Download this cheat sheet to hack your monthly electric bill.
How to Vent a Microwave on an Interior Wall Easily
In this guide, we show you how to vent a microwave on an interior wall. If you follow our steps, the process is relatively simple.
White Smoke From Microwave (Causes And How To Fix)
Do you have white smoke coming from your microwave? Wondering what to do about it? We break down exactly what causes as well as how to fix it.